Got a little cabin fever? Gather with your family and friends for some winter fun this weekend. Simply download, print, and play our “Frosty Family Scattegories”.
For those of you who haven’t played Scattergories, below are the rules we play by:
- Cut the cards with the list of categories and pass out the same card number each round to every player (Example-Each person playing round one, would get “card 1”). Turn these face down until the timer begins.
- Next, pass out the blank lists to each player.
- Have one person choose a letter of the alphabet.
- Set the timer for 3-4 minutes per round.
- Each player must list a word for each category using the chosen letter.
- When the timer goes off, in a roundtable fashion, each player takes turns saying what they wrote in the same category. Players continue reading aloud down the list until each category has been read. Players with the same answer have to cross out the what they wrote for that category.
- Answers having two words that begin with the chosen letter, get two points—if another player has not listed one or both of the words.
- Players cannot use the same word more than once in a round.
- The player with the most words left after reading off the entire list, wins the game.
So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun. -Ecclesiastes 8:15 NLT